As a homeowner, you may have a few essentials tools on hand to cope with plumbing emergencies. For example, most bathrooms will have a plunger available for clogged toilets or drains. You may also keep a pipe wrench on hand to tackle basic repairs. However, there are many issues that call for the professional knowledge and experience of a certified plumber. Some common plumbing problems you may encounter are:
- Blockages and leaks. If you have a toilet or sewer line blockage, it is not always easy to fix with a plunger. Professional plumbers have specialized equipment to diagnose and repair the problems. Hidden leaks in a faucet or toilet can sometimes be hard to detect for the average homeowner. These leaks, if not addressed, can cause severe structural damage to sheetrock, plaster and flooring.
- Running toilets. Do you need to jiggle the toilet flushing handle to stop the toilet from running? This will probably require replacement of some inner components, like the flapper valve and float. There are some over-the-counter kits you can purchase to replace the parts, but a professional plumber can produce a longer-lasting effect by repairing the toilet with better quality products.
- Frozen pipes. This usually occurs in colder climates, but even homes in warmer climates can be taken by surprise by a cold snap. Homes in warmer climates usually lack the protective insulation that is used to wrap pipes to prevent freezing. Freezing pipes can burst and cause devastating results.
- Faucet repair/replacement. Have you ever tried sleeping when a faucet is dripping within earshot? It’s not only annoying, but can waste gallons and gallons of water if not fixed promptly. Faucets can be repaired by replacing the worn washers in them, but it may more economical in the long run to replace the entire faucet, due to the unavailability of parts for older models.
- Repair/replace water heaters. It’s very unpleasant to jump in the shower and find that there is no hot water. Professional plumbers can repair or replace both electric and gas hot water heaters, which each can have different issues. Problems with gas water heaters are often caused by a faulty gas control valve that causes the pilot light to go out. Electric water heaters may require the heating element to be replaced. There are also safety devices that are important to be installed/repaired, like the temperature and pressure relief valves, to prevent the water heater from exploding in the home.
Call Veterans Plumbing in Ft. Lauderdale today for all your plumbing problems!
With over 20 years of experience, Veterans Plumbing provides the Ft. Lauderdale, FL area with a variety of professional plumbing services. We offer prompt and reliable service to sump pumps, water heaters, faucets, sinks, water lines, sewers, garbage disposals, toilets, and more at reasonable rates. Our team of expert plumbers and drain cleaners are dedicated in providing the best possible solutions for all your plumbing problems or drain repair solutions. We take pride in providing efficient plumbing services that match your needs and your budget.
Veterans Plumbing is solely owned and operated by Joseph Guilbert. Joseph has 28 years of plumbing experience. The company received its special name because Joseph wanted to honor those that served.Joseph served as a Paratrooper in the 509th PIR and the 82nd Airborne Division from 1976 to 1980.
We offer our customers:
- Quality Service
- A Quick Response Time
- An Honest Diagnosis
- Reliable Service
- 24 Hours a Day & Days a Week
- Discounts to Seniors and Veterans
We are available 24/7 for your convenience. We answer every call personally! Call Veterans Plumbing any time for an emergency, inspection or to schedule routine service. We look forward to serving you!