Causes of Plumbing Stoppages
Do you have a stoppage in your drain line that is causing problems with your plumbing? If so, it may help to know about what causes stoppages so that you can avoid or prevent them from occurring. The most common causes of stoppages and possible solutions or ways to prevent them are as follows.
- Waste:Waste substances that make their way down your drain can often end up creating a stoppage in your system. These include food waste (such as peels, scraps off your plate, grease or oil) and bathroom waste (such as sanitary products, hair, diapers and facial wipes).
The best way to avoid stoppages of this nature is to install drain filters that will only let water through and catch any waste material for you to remove and dispose of. Also, you should not flush anything down the toilet that is not toilet paper. Sometimes even the type of toilet paper you are using, or the amount you use can cause stoppages. Toilet paper that doesn’t dissolve could cause an issue once it is flushed. And remember, there is no such thing as a “flushable wipe”.
- Outside Influences:Tree roots often make their way into your outside drains and can block them or break them, which will also cause a severe stoppage. A buildup of debris (such as leaves, dirt, mold, sticks, and insects) can contribute to stoppages. If you suspect that you may have one of these issues, you should call Veterans Plumbing & Air Conditioning to assess the situation, diagnose the problem, and take care of it in a professional manner and with the right tools.
- Problem Pipes:Pipes that are made from copper or galvanized steel can degrade over time. When this happens, not only do the pipes breakdown, but also the bits of pipe that get washed down the line can cause a major stoppage. It is important to get a stoppage cleared as soon as possible, as blocked drains can overflow and become a health risk. In addition, the stoppage could also create water damage to your property or even your neighbor’s property.
Clearing a Stoppage
If you have a blocked or stopped-up main sewer line, call Veterans Plumbing & Air Conditioning. Whether the stoppage is caused by roots in the sewer line, flushed objects, or broken drain lines, we have an experienced technician ready to handle it for you. Not only will we clear the stoppage, we can prevent it from recurring.
Call Veterans Plumbing in Ft. Lauderdale today to fix your plumbing problems!
With over 20 years of experience, Veterans Plumbing provides the Ft. Lauderdale, FL area with a variety of professional plumbing services. We offer prompt and reliable service to sump pumps, water heaters, faucets, sinks, water lines, sewers, garbage disposals, toilets, and more at reasonable rates. Our team of expert plumbers and drain cleaners are dedicated in providing the best possible solutions for all your plumbing problems or drain repair solutions. We take pride in providing efficient plumbing services that match your needs and your budget.
We offer our customers:
- Quality Service
- A Quick Response Time
- An Honest Diagnosis
- Reliable Service
- 24 Hours a Day & Days a Week
- Discounts to Seniors and Veterans
We welcome the opportunity to serve you!
Contact Veterans Plumbing any time, any day for your plumbing needs.
Veterans Plumbing is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with no additional charge for nights or weekends. We personally answer your phone calls—no waiting to leave a message and return call! We offer special financing, if needed. Call us today at 954-497-2300 or visit our website for more information.